Real Estate Professionals
We love working on real estate matters and have a wide breadth of experience in this area. If you have questions, chances are we have the answers or can guide you to them. Whether it’s a contract or negotiation issue such as purchasing, selling, or leasing real estate, or dealing with a contentious issue like as boundary disputes or tenant eviction, we’re here to help.
No matter how small (or big) the matter, do not hesitate to contact our team. We will take the time to review it, and discuss how best to proceed, so you can rest assured you’re making the right decision. Below are some (not all) of the real estate services we provide.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
What Does a Real Estate Attorney Do?
Real estate law encompasses a collection of laws that control how people acquire properties and what they can do with them. A real estate attorney has expertise in these laws which they utilize to assist parties with negotiating fair and legal real estate agreements. The duties and responsibilities of a real estate attorney can include:
Do I Need to Hire a Real Estate Attorney or Real Estate Agent?
While not required in the state of Idaho, some states mandate the involvement of a real estate attorney in overseeing the transaction of a property. If optional, you should consider hiring a real estate attorney anytime you are involved in a real estate transaction, especially if the transaction is out of the ordinary or you’re facing any kind of property dispute. A real estate attorney will help guide you through the process and resolve difficult situations with the best possible outcome.
What Properties Can a Real Estate Attorney Help With?
Real estate attorneys can assist with a variety of property types including commercial properties, vacant land, and residential properties.
Reasons for Hiring a Real Estate Attorney as a Buyer
If you are a buyer, you might hire a real estate attorney to:
- Learn if a buyer can sue for damages or rescind a transaction if the property is not as advertised, mispresentations are made, or if details were omitted during the sales process.
- Review possible Idaho Consumer Protection Act and Idaho Property Condition Disclosure Act claims against a seller.
- Ensure that the property you’re buying has no illegal modifications or improvements.
- Manage the complications involved in the real estate transactions.
- Obtain an objective 3rd party source to review documents, including the purchase and sale agreement, title report or preliminary title insurance report.
Reasons for Hiring a Real Estate Attorney as a Seller
If you are a seller, you might hire a real estate attorney to:
- Ensure that the valuation of a property is honest and accurate.
- Deal with the buyer’s attorney to ensure you both have experts assisting you.
- Defend any buyer claims for rescission, fraud, misrepresentation or violations of the Idaho Consumer Protection act and the Idaho Property Condition Disclosure Act.
- Save time when navigating legal terms and considerations.
- Speed up the sale of a property while ensuring you get the best prices.
- Provide added peace of mind when you have little to no experience in the property market.
If you feel that you’re in need of a real estate attorney or are unsure if you require the services of one, then don’t hesitate to contact real estate attorney, Brian J. Bean at Charles Bean & Associates. We offer FREE 45-minute Consultations. Our law firm serves Coeur d’Alene, Idaho and the surrounding North Idaho and Kootenai County region. We’re more than happy to answer your questions and give you advice regarding the use of a real estate attorney and if it’s applicable to your personal situation.
Charles Bean & Associates
Thanks to his extensive experience, including his time at Avista Utilities subsidiary and Ecova Inc., Brian J. Bean is an excellent choice for your company's needs. If you need a conscientious and communicative lawyer who can guide you through the process with ease, contact him for a free consultation.
We serve Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, and the surrounding areas, so give us a call now to discuss your options.
CONTACT US TODAY